ACAVA Church Street Studios: new studios available
Newly refurbished, creative workspaces are now available in the historic Spode Works former ceramics factory, in Stoke town, within easy reach of the train station and M6 Motorway.
ACAVA Church Street Studios
120 Church St, Stoke on Trent ST4 1BU
There are three units on the first floor, ranging from 670 sq. ft. to 1300 sq. ft., and a fantastic loft studio (1200 sq. ft.) on the second floor. There’s access to kitchenettes and WCs on both floors.
The studios will be managed by ACAVA and would ideally suit artists and small creative businesses – games, fashion and graphic designers, architects, and small scale makers, etc. Situated in the centre of Stoke, they benefit from being public-facing, right next to Spode’s original Church Street entrance, shortly to be re-opened. The units are close to ACAVA’s existing 43 studios, further concentrating creative activity on the Spode site. Stoke is central – the studios are just 10mins walk from Stoke-on-Trent mainline station, 35mins from Manchester and 45mins from Birmingham by train, and 15mins by car from the M6 motorway. Prices range from £7,750* per year (£645 per month) to £15,000* per year (£1,254 per month). (*These prices are provisional and may change.)
Come and be part of the transformation of Spode Works! Led by the City Council, this incredible collection of historic factory buildings is being converted into a thriving creative centre in partnership with ACAVA, Staffordshire University and many others. Spode Works is also host to the British Ceramics Biennial in its fabulous China Hall.
To register your interest in the Church Street Units, contact: Liza Morshead, Membership Manager (email: email@example.com, tel: 020 8960 5015)
1) Join ACAVA and become a member – there is a one-off fee of £25.
2) Arrange a viewing – contact Dan Southward, ACAVA Studios Spode Works’ Site Manager (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 07967 138 522)
- Su Hurrell named Newcastle Common’s ‘Artist Gardener for the Growing Season’
- Stoke-on-Trent Midweek Powdowns
- My Life in Art art competition for 5–16 years old
- ACAVA Coronavirus Statement
- Planning permission granted for more studios in Stoke – Spode Works
- Open Studios 2018
- New studios at Spode Works, what kind of spaces are needed?
- ACAVA Church Street Studios: new studios available
- Stoke Art Map 2017
- Open Studios 2017
- Open Studios
- Interfuse student exhibition
- Art Lunch with Chris Reader
- Artists’ Networking
- Acava Studios: Spode Works for Stoke as UK City of Culture 2021
- New film Re-Stoked, Stoke’s artistic revival
- Stoke-on-Trent Artist at Work, an exhibition by artist in residence Nicola Winstanley
- Nicola Winstanley’s residency and exhibition
- Dust Exhibition
- Spode Launch for Stoke Arts and Open Studios
- Open Day
Where we are