ACAVA Coronavirus Statement
31 March 2020
Our FAQs page has been updated to include information relevant to the current situation: https://www.acava.org/faqs
17 March 2020
In light of the coronavirus pandemic, we are focused on protecting the wellbeing of our communities: artists, studio holders, programme participants and staff. Our approach is guided by recommendations from the NHS and Public Health England (PHE) and by our own judgement.
ACAVA has made the following decisions, effective immediately:
- Closure of our community spaces and programmes until 1 May at least
- Staff are working remotely as much as possible but still easily contactable
- Studios remain open and health guidelines are clearly communicated
- People are informed of any changes via email, our websites and printed material
We are exploring ways in which we could continue to support communities, including the possibility of delivering online programmes.
We request that people follow health advice, including:
- Wash your hands with soap and water on arrival at an ACAVA building
- Clean communal surfaces with disposable kitchen towels and anti-bacterial spray
- Clean door handles tools and other equipment after use
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve if you cough or sneeze
- Dispose of used tissues in a bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Stay at home if you experience the symptoms of coronavirus
ACAVA will support everyone accessing our buildings by ensuring there are adequate supplies of hand soap, paper towels and anti-bacterial spray. If you notice supplies are running low, please inform us via email as soon as possible.
The latest information and guidance relating to the coronavirus can be found by following the links below:
Public Health England
Please visit our Contacts page.
- Planning permission granted for more studios in Stoke – Spode Works
- Open Studios 2018
- New studios at Spode Works, what kind of spaces are needed?
- ACAVA Church Street Studios: new studios available
- Stoke Art Map 2017
- Open Studios 2017
- Open Studios
- Interfuse student exhibition
- Art Lunch with Chris Reader
- Artists’ Networking
- Acava Studios: Spode Works for Stoke as UK City of Culture 2021
- New film Re-Stoked, Stoke’s artistic revival
- Stoke-on-Trent Artist at Work, an exhibition by artist in residence Nicola Winstanley
- Nicola Winstanley’s residency and exhibition
- Dust Exhibition
- Spode Launch for Stoke Arts and Open Studios
- Open Day
Where we are