Acava Studios: Spode Works for Stoke as UK City of Culture 2021
Artists and makers at ACAVA Studios: Spode Works are gearing up for the Spring with an open day on Sunday 9 April 11am–4pm, highlighting a week of activities to promote the studios as part of Stoke’s bid for UK City of Culture 2021. All welcome!
Activities during the week include artists’ networking events, studio visits, exhibitions, and open studios.
4 April 12pm, 7pm
Local artists and creative businesses from Stoke town are invited to the studios to meet and talk. Tea, coffee and refreshments will be served.
Rachel Hoyle in Sabrina Vasulka’s studio
Photo: Mark Scott
6 April 11am–2pm
Art Lunch with Chris Reader in Studio 33
As with all Art Lunch events, some basic refreshments are provided but we believe in the spirit of bring & share!
Book a place: http://bit.ly/2nqSWxL
6 April 5–8pm
Interfuse student exhibition preview
8, 9 April 11am–4pm
Interfuse exhibition open
Exhibition of work by Level 5 2nd year students from Staffordshire University – a diverse range of practices and media, including video, sculpture, painting, installation and expanded drawing, to create a vibrant and thought-provoking show. The artists’ work includes personal questions to current affairs – people are invited to explore and interpret the exhibition and draw their own conclusions. (Open to friends, family, and the public).
9 April 11am–4pm
Open Studios at Acava Studios: Spode Works
A selection of studios welcome members of the public to come and see their work. Some studios will hold demonstrations and workshops for people to take part in.
To visit ACAVA Studios: Spode Works, Elenora Street, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 1QQ – please report to security lodge on entry.
The 43 studios at ACAVA Studios: Spode Works have been quickly taken up – now 90 per cent full – and are already making a valuable contribution to the development of Spode site into a cultural centre for creative industries, revitalising Stoke town. The studios are now home to painters, ceramicists, textile and web designers, all benefiting from being part of a shared community of interests in this historic site.
Interested in a studio? Visit www.acava.org/studios/available-studios
- Su Hurrell named Newcastle Common’s ‘Artist Gardener for the Growing Season’
- Stoke-on-Trent Midweek Powdowns
- My Life in Art art competition for 5–16 years old
- ACAVA Coronavirus Statement
- Planning permission granted for more studios in Stoke – Spode Works
- Open Studios 2018
- New studios at Spode Works, what kind of spaces are needed?
- ACAVA Church Street Studios: new studios available
- Stoke Art Map 2017
- Open Studios 2017
- Open Studios
- Interfuse student exhibition
- Art Lunch with Chris Reader
- Artists’ Networking
- Acava Studios: Spode Works for Stoke as UK City of Culture 2021
- New film Re-Stoked, Stoke’s artistic revival
- Stoke-on-Trent Artist at Work, an exhibition by artist in residence Nicola Winstanley
- Nicola Winstanley’s residency and exhibition
- Dust Exhibition
- Spode Launch for Stoke Arts and Open Studios
- Open Day
Where we are