My Life in Art art competition for 5–16 years old
‘My Life In Art’ is an exhibition and competition of over 250 drawings submitted by local children aged between 5 and 16 years old, currently on display in the ACAVA Spode Studios communal gallery until the end of October.
The project has been organised and curated by Frederick Phillips, Pat Phillips, Dan Southward, Andy Cliffe and a panel of judges from the ACAVA Spode Works Studios. It has been made possible with support from ACAVA and The Arts Council England.
Winners of the competition have been announced on social media here, and the show will be archived online.
ACAVA artist Tom from ATOMPRODUCTION has kindly documented the exhibition with video, which you can view here.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic we have made the difficult decision to not open the show to the public. We will however keep the show up on display until the end of October.
Children were invited to enter an artwork which shared their feelings about life in Staffordshire during the lockdown. Artworks could be about family, pets, hobbies or their overall feelings about life since March 2020.
The winners were able to purchase their choice of art materials and all entries were displayed online and in the exhibition space at the ACAVA Spode Works Studios in Stoke-on-Trent.
- Planning permission granted for more studios in Stoke – Spode Works
- Open Studios 2018
- New studios at Spode Works, what kind of spaces are needed?
- ACAVA Church Street Studios: new studios available
- Stoke Art Map 2017
- Open Studios 2017
- Open Studios
- Interfuse student exhibition
- Art Lunch with Chris Reader
- Artists’ Networking
- Acava Studios: Spode Works for Stoke as UK City of Culture 2021
- New film Re-Stoked, Stoke’s artistic revival
- Stoke-on-Trent Artist at Work, an exhibition by artist in residence Nicola Winstanley
- Nicola Winstanley’s residency and exhibition
- Dust Exhibition
- Spode Launch for Stoke Arts and Open Studios
- Open Day
Where we are