Nicola Winstanley’s residency and exhibition
Nicola Winstanley has been selected by Acava and AirSpace to carry out a 3 month residency at Acava Studios Spode Works. Her residency focuses on the impact of the new studios on the town of Stoke and the value of creative labour in a changing city.
The residency will conclude with an exhibition at Acava Studios Spode Works in January and is being documented by the hour using the hashtag #stokeartistatwork on Twitter. Nicola is blogging throughout her residency and her thoughts and actions can be found on her personal website.
Top image: Nicola experimenting with print with demonstrator Cynny Saddington (right) in the Spode Works visitors centre.
Bottom image: Nicola finishing up two painted tiles in the subject of passing on traditional skills at Spode Works.
- Open Studios 2018
- New studios at Spode Works, what kind of spaces are needed?
- ACAVA Church Street Studios: new studios available
- Open Studios
- Interfuse student exhibition
- Art Lunch with Chris Reader
- Artists’ Networking
- Acava Studios: Spode Works for Stoke as UK City of Culture 2021
- New film Re-Stoked, Stoke’s artistic revival
- Stoke-on-Trent Artist at Work, an exhibition by artist in residence Nicola Winstanley
- Nicola Winstanley’s residency and exhibition
- Dust Exhibition
- Spode Launch for Stoke Arts and Open Studios
- Open Day
Where we are