Stoke-on-Trent Artist at Work, an exhibition by artist in residence Nicola Winstanley
Nicola Winstanley has worked for 159 hours as the resident artist at ACAVA Studios: Spode Works, and now invites you to an exhibition of her findings.
Nicola’s 3-month residency has been organised in a partnership between ACAVA and Airspace Gallery, funded by Arts Council England, and aims to be the first of a series of residencies documenting Spode Works and the changing nature of creative work.
From the #sotaaw Artists Census Day – where the hashtag used by Nicola throughout her residency was put to use to help catalogue the entire number of local artists working and using social media on a given day – to her mapping of the cultural landscape of Stoke, this exhibition asks you to consider the value and impact of creative labour in the town and the city of Stoke, in what feels like a pivotal moment in its cultural history.
Preview 10 February 6-9pm
Show open 11-24 February, Wed-Sat 1-4pm or by appointment
Artist’s Talk 22 February 12.30–2pm
- Open Studios 2018
- New studios at Spode Works, what kind of spaces are needed?
- ACAVA Church Street Studios: new studios available
- Open Studios
- Interfuse student exhibition
- Art Lunch with Chris Reader
- Artists’ Networking
- Acava Studios: Spode Works for Stoke as UK City of Culture 2021
- New film Re-Stoked, Stoke’s artistic revival
- Stoke-on-Trent Artist at Work, an exhibition by artist in residence Nicola Winstanley
- Nicola Winstanley’s residency and exhibition
- Dust Exhibition
- Spode Launch for Stoke Arts and Open Studios
- Open Day
Where we are